Ashwagandha is herb traditionally used in Ayurveda that loosely translates to mean “the strength of ten horses,” and is known to be a powerful rejuvenating herb without actually being a stimulant. Because of this, you will experience renewed vigor and enhanced energy without having to fall prey to ordinary stimulants that will have you crashing in no time.
Ashwagandha has the ability to relieve stress and protect brain cells against the effects of our fast-paced lifestyle. It also naturally regulates cortisol levels to limit the high levels of stress that we know can have damaging effects, not only on our health and beauty, but our happiness too
- 8 ounces coconut water
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon bee pollen (optional)
- Add strawberries and banana to the blender.
- Add the ashwagandha powder. (Note: even though Ayurvedic herbs are generally considered non-toxic, it is prudent, as with any new food or herb, to start with a small amount to see how your body reacts and build from there)
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the coconut water. This step can be done prior to adding all other ingredients as well.
- Starting the blender on a low speed, blend until smooth. If needed gradually increase to higher speeds and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy it with few cubes of Ice!