In the cold and flu season, we wanted to create a wonderful hot herbal cold remedy tea to help you stay healthy and strong so you can make it through the season without getting sick. We comforting Cold & Flu Fighting Apple Turmeric Herbal Green Tea is one of the easiest ways to fight inflammation and keep your immune system strong.Even though this Herbal green tea is a powerful aid to protect and help support the body, it has a delicious taste that will satisfy you completely.
During the fall and winter months, we would like to drink lots of hot herbal and green teas that warm us insides and help us feel rejuvenated. Weat Ayuronics also create remedy teas like today’s recipe when we feel like we may be catching a cold and it always makes us feel better.
Sweet apple, fragrant cinnamon, tangy lemon, floral raw honey, earthy turmeric, nutty coconut oil, and spicy ginger, cayenne, and black pepper create a tasty blend of flavors that are really wonderful especially when paired with organic green tea. This super foods remedy tea should be taken on a weekly basis during the fall and winter months.
Cold & Flu Fighting Apple Turmeric Green Tea
How to make:
- Makes 4 cups
- 4½ cups purified or spring water
- 1 large organic Fuji apple—cut into wedges
- 2 Ceylon cinnamon sticks (good source for cinnamon sticks)
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder (good source for turmeric) or 2-inch piece of fresh turmeric-peeled and cut into chunks (If available)
- 2 inch piece fresh, peeled ginger—cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons organic virgin coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2-4 tea Spoon of Ayuronics Herbal tea
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pour water into a saucepan and add apple wedges, cinnamon sticks, turmeric, ginger, coconut oil, cayenne, black pepper, and vanilla. Stir to combine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, add Ayuronics Herbal tea and stir together. Let the tea simmer for 3-5 minutes longer to allow the tea to steep.
- After the tea has steeped, stir in raw honey and lemon juice. Strain tea into a heat proof container and pour into serving cups.
- Add more honey if you like your tea sweeter. You can also eat the cooked apples and ginger because they are quite good combination too! Enjoy hot. Herbal Tea will last for 1 week if covered and refrigerated.